By using the Website to communicate personal data, you are formally agreeing with the conditions mentioned below under which Science Europe collects, processes and transfers the data and/or (depending on the case) guaranteeing that these conditions have been communicated to, and accepted by, any individuals concerned to whom the personal data relates.
Science Europe undertakes to take all suitable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against destruction, loss, unintentional modification, damage or disclosure.
3. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1. Collection, processing and use of the personal data on the Website
For each use of the Website, different personal data and log files about you are collected, such as your IP address, the website from which you are redirected to the Website, the date and duration of your use of the Website, your browser, your operating system, your online surfing behavior and history on the Website, and the pages you visit on the Website.
These data are only used for statistical purposes and to analyse and optimise the functioning and the use of the Website. To this end, Science Europe uses the services of third parties to which these data are communicated for these purposes.
If your visit to the Website is not limited to general information gathering and, more specifically, on or through the Website, you (i) register with Science Europe or provide additional personal information, (ii) contact Science Europe, or (iii) agree to receive the newsletter of Science Europe, then additional data may be requested and/or collected, including your gender, name, email address, password and, if applicable, telephone number, address, language, and travel preferences and arrangements.
Such data are used respectively:
(i) to support the work of Science Europe’s member organisations and promote co-operation between them, to work with the scientific community, national governments, the European Commission and other organisations, to organise the activities of Science Europe and the administration of the association;
(ii) to deal with your question, request or communication and to answer if applicable;
(iii) to provide you with the newsletters and customised marketing via emails.
and, to this end, can be transferred to third parties as explained below.
3.2. Transfer to third parties
Science Europe may also transfer certain personal data to third parties:
• To member organisations of Science Europe and organisations we are working with on Science Europe activities;
• To the competent authorities in case of threatening or pending legal proceedings.
3.3. International transfer
By using the Website, you expressly acknowledge and agree that, in the framework of the mentioned processing of personal data, data can be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, not affording a similar level of protection for personal data. This may include for instance non-European research organisations.
The Website uses the so-called ‘cookies’, i.e. small files of information which are stored, temporarily or permanently, on your computer or device by the server of a website through the browser and that simplify, complement and customise the use of the Website.
In your browser, you can disable the storage of cookies or remove registered cookies but this may lead to a reduced functionality, slowdown or inability to use certain parts of the Website.
For more information on cookies and how you can remove them according to the type of the browser used, Science Europe refers you to the following web site: www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Science Europe uses the following cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that allow visitors to look at the Website, to use the functions on the Website and to gain access to the secure and registered parts. If the use of these cookies is disabled, certain parts of the Website may not be able to be used correctly;
2. Performance cookies: these are cookies that are designed to collect information on how visitors use the Website, such as information about the pages visited or the number of error messages having appeared, in order to analyse and optimise the use of the Website;
3. Functional cookies: these are cookies that allow Science Europe to remember choices and preferences of the visitors in order to increase the ease of use of the Website and to present more relevant information to visitors.
5. RIGHT OF ACCESS, ADAPTATION AND RECTIFICATION
As provided for by the Privacy Law, you have a right of access, adaption and rectification of your personal data, at any time and free of charge.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION
Science Europe is responsible for the processing of these personal data and ensures the privacy and security of these data.
You can contact Science Europe at the following address: